Sport and Fitness
Boddington boasts an alive and vibrant sporting community. Local sports and fitness activities include:
- Touch Rugby
- Boot Camp
- Walking groups
- Hash House Harriers
- Rifle Club
- Horse Riding Club
- Stay Active Exercise Class for Seniors
Local contacts for sporting groups are advertised on the back of the Local Bodd News publication which is printed fortnightly and can be purchased from local businesses.
KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged between 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
The fees go directly from the local government to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
All you need to do is pick up a voucher from the Shire or print and complete a voucher and bring it to the Shire. You will need to provide a Pensioner Concession card or get the voucher signed by a referral agent. Currently the referral agent for Boddington Shire is the School Chaplain.
- A voucher must be completed for each sport and child in your family.
- Maximum of up to $200 per calendar year per child.
- Funding covers the cost of fees to join the club/sport ( may include other club related cost such as uniform as identified by the club)
- Fees are for the nominated registered season only.
- No retrospective fees will be paid
For more information you can go to http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport