Sport and Fitness
Boddington boasts an alive and vibrant sporting community. Local sports and fitness activities include:
- Touch Rugby
- Boot Camp
- Walking groups
- Hash House Harriers
- Rifle Club
- Horse Riding Club
- Stay Active Exercise Class for Seniors
Local contacts for sporting groups are advertised on the back of the Local Bodd News publication which is printed fortnightly and can be purchased from local businesses.
KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged between 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
- The fees go directly from the local government to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
- Applicants must be aged 5 - 18 years.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Applicants must be listed on a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card.
- Maximum of $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to the number of applications per famil,y as long as the criteria for each child is met.
- If applicants are NOT listed on a valid concession card, but meet one of the KidSport Financial Exceptions, they can apply for KidSport by contacting a KidSport Financial Assessor.
- Applicants can only receive KidSport funding for a Financial Exception once. Extenuating circumstances can be discussed.
For more information you can go to http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport